Saturday, February 5, 2011

First look at Winter 2011


I am always excited when I get something in the mail- the real mail that is. When I opened up my mailbox earlier this week I had some inspiration to shop, as the Country Road “Spend and Save” arrived in my letter box- HOORAY! Perfect for justifying purchases to my husband.

Winter 2011 at Country Road is called Modern Australian Style, and I must admit I love their first take on winter.  Sometimes I find that the Country Road catalogue pictures are amazing, but when I go into store I completely loose the feeling for it- they have a great marketing team pulling together their campaigns.  So, I am hoping that the items that I love are as good in real life as they are on the website.

Check out the range for yourself at the Country Road website, which now also has online shopping- finally! so happy about Australian retailers finally taking the plunge, I wish more would.

Overall the Country Road looks are classic, wearable items with a modern edge, I will be going into store today to check them out, even though we have quite a few more weeks of warm weather ahead.

Below are my favourite looks from the website. I can see these items below forming the basics of my new winter wardrobe.



Country Road Winter 2011

Loving the trench cape! Even though I am saving to purchase a Burberry trench, I am still going to try this when I go into CR.  I love the trench/ cape combo- tres chic.



Country Road Winter 2011

The maxi skirt is my new favourite item, it has taken me a while to try it, but this Christmas I received a black maxi (incidentally from CR) and I am converted. So for Winter I am really liking the silhouette above. The gathered detail gives the skirt some movement and the fur vest looks so cosy. Love the monochromatic tones of grey- this is a great autumn outfit.



Country Road Winter 2011

Next, another maxi skirt silhouette. I think this is an outfit idea that I can translate easily to my wardrobe for weekends. A leather jacket has been on winter shopping list for the past 2 years and this year it is going to happen. I love the look of the CR outfit, but I will be shopping around for a black jacket not brown.  Great Inspiration. 


Country Road Winter 2011

Dresses and skirts make up the majority of my wardrobe. I am always looking for new ways to wear them casually, as my taste tends to err on dressy side. I love this simple look of boxy sweater and bell shaped skirt- simple, comfortable but with some polish. I can see this as a great throw on outfit, when you don’t want to think, but still want to look pulled together. The black opaques and suede booties are essential for the look; otherwise there is a real risk of looking sloppy


Country Road Winter 2011

Finally a great work look- tailored and body conscious. I am a huge fan pencil skirts, they put a bit of fun into the working day. I love dresses for work, so easy as you just throw them on and add shoes and accessories.

There are my need, want and LOVES from CR. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment