Thursday, November 17, 2011

Colour Me Happy



















You know you are getting old when you start seeing fashion trends come around for the second time- and the arrival of coloured denim back on the fashion radar again has well and truly set me in the old category.


I remember coveting a pair of red coloured denims in Dolly Magazine when I was in Year 8 (circa 1991- is fashion a ten year cycle?!), but my Mum refused to buy them for me. So of course now I am adamant that I will get a pair, knowing full well that I will not really wear them for very long before the trend bites the dust again for another ten years. 


So I have been lusting after the J Brand 811 Ankle Jean (above) but I think I have found a good cheaper option the Lily Jean from French Connection that will satisfy my coloured denim craving without out causing too much post purchase dissonance in a few months time. 


Here are some of my red coloured denim inspiration images- hopefully I can carry the jeans through to next Autumn as I can see happening with some of the latest street style shots from north of the equator.


Image via Salt & Prep


Image via Pinterest

Image via Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I bought a pair of red jeans in spring this year (northern hemisphere) and I love them, they go with almost everything!
    I think a lot of the coloured jeans might fade, but red will stick around for a little while - I hope. xoxo

    ReplyDelete