Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Years Resolution #1- Pilates

Image via Abi and Joseph

Much like everyone else, I have made a new years resolution to dedicate more time to looking after myself- move more, eat less processed food etc etc. I won't bore you with the finer details, but one focus for 2012 is on Pilates. 


After having Baby M in late September I had some intense sacroiliac joint pain, so bad that for the first few weeks I had difficulty walking and ended up at the physio for weekly treatments. After waiting 6 weeks to be able to walk longer than 10 mins each day(!- so frustrating to not be able to go to for a short walk around the block) my physio recommended that I start clinical Pilates. The classes are fantastic, with a maximum of 3 people in the class, you run through your personalised program under the watchful eye of the Pilates instructor, who is  also a qualified Physio. After two months I am completely hooked.


So to look the part- very important! I had to splurge on some new workout clothes, and I wanted to share with you my favourite labels. The first one is Australian label Abi & Joseph , that has absolutely perfect pieces for working out but you can also wear around the house or down for a coffee and not be embarrassed to be seen in, which I find is usually the case with traditional "gym" clothes. Here is a selection of Abi & Joseph items that I am looking to purchase, and many of the items are going to be coming with me when I travel to Europe in March- absolutely perfect as travel wear as they are comfortable, dry quickly and roll up nice and small in your suitcase. So glad that I stumbled across www.abiandjoseph.com- check it out.
Image via Abi and Joseph

Image via Abi and Joseph

Image via Abi and Joseph

Image via Abi and Joseph



My usual go to store for work out clothes, and I must admit it is now my firm favourite, is Lululemon. It does tend to be a little on the pricey side but I have found that their clothing lasts and lasts- which is so important with gym gear as it gets washed a million times. When I was in Melbourne over Christmas I splurged and bought the Hot n Sweaty Crop Pants and Power Y Tank (both shown below) and they have been perfect for exercising in the hot weather here in Perth. 

Image via Lululemon

Image via Lululemon


So many other great workout clothes in Lululemon, and I have just realised that there is a store just near me in Cottesloe! Check out their website, you can order from the US for slightly cheaper than in store but I do find the Lululemon staff extremely helpful, especially when trying to convert from Canadian sizing.


Having cute clothes to exercise in does increase motivation levels I find- much more appealing than a old grey (once white) T shirt and faded old leggings. Definitely worth every cent if they help get you moving I say. 


Have a great Wednesday x

No comments:

Post a Comment