Tuesday, July 5, 2011

10 Things that made me smile....last week xx

Photo by Matt Irwin via visitvictoria.com.au
Melbourne
My home town. It was lovely to come back and visit for a few days and enjoy, well, Melbourne being Melbourne. Loved the winter weather (including fog in the morning!), good coffee, people watching (oh how I miss the people watching), cosy café breakfasts with girlfriends, the city, gorgeous Carousel on Albert Park Lake (the Melbourne skyline looks so amazing at night across the lake) and most importantly catching up with my family, including lots of cuddles and laughter with my delicious niece and nephew.



Emilie by Gustav Klimt via National Gallery of Victoria
Emilie by Gustav Klimt
I LOVE Klimt. Ever since I visited the Belvedere in Vienna and saw The Kiss I have been inspired by and in love with his work. So I couldn't  believe my timing, when I saw that  the current NGV Exhibition- Vienna featured some of his amazing works. My favourite piece on show was Emilie, a beautiful portrait of Klimt's Muse/ Lover. If you are in Melbourne make sure you visit the Vienna exhibition at NGV- such a lovely thing to do on a wintery Melbourne day. LOVE NGV.



Image via High Tea Society
Decadent Afternoon Tea
I followed my visit to NGV with a gorgeously ladylike afternoon tea at the Langham- finger sandwiches, scones and delicate petit fours! What a way to spend a Monday afternoon- thanks to my little sister for the delightful company x



Images via Mecca Cosmetica
REN Skincare products from Mecca
I had the most gorgeous Saturday morning in Melbourne, getting primped and pampered before my sister in law's wedding. Blow dry at Shubui and make-up done at Mecca Cosmetica, with a yummy lunch with my big sister squeezed in between. My sister was the best company, and so patient sitting through these appointments and chatting with me in between hair washing and mascara application!  my lovely makeup artist at Mecca introduced me to two divine REN products Rose O2 Moisture Defence Serum and Lipovector Smoothing Contour cream- I am instantly head over heels. Will definitely be trying out a few more products from the range- amazing quality and really reasonable prices.




My new shoes! Image via Dolci Firme
Sky high heels from Dolci Firme
Now that I am 6 months pregnant clothes are just not bringing me as much joy as they usually do.  In fact, beautiful clothes can be a little depressing, as you know they are going nowhere near you! So for the wedding I compensated with some sexy, Bianca Buccheri sky high pumps  from Dolce Firme. God bless Italians and their shoe obsession.





Image via Pinterest


Image via Pinterest
Comfy living room sofas
How lush are these couches! Perfect for curling up with a good book and some magazines. I'm currently devouring The Elegance of the Hedgehog.




Image via Allure.com
Allure Magazine
It has been a little while since I have bought Allure, but over the weekend I picked up a copy and read it cover to cover. Such a great mag- LOVE Allure.



Image via What Katie Ate
Homemade Museli
So delicious, a little bit decadent and perfect for a cold weekend morning when you don't want to go out of the house to get breakfast. I made mine with oats, almonds, hazelnuts, coconut, sunflower seeds and toasted with honey- then added chopped dried apricots and dark chocolate. Serve with warm milk. Yum.



PS1 Satchel Image via Purse Blog
Image via Mulberry.com
Pre Fall Handbags
I love a good handbag. Call me shallow, but nothing brings a smile to my face quicker than a gorgeous bag (except maybe chocolate). The PS1 Satchel is delightful winter colours and the Mulberry Push Polly Lock are my current obsessions.




Image via Pinterest
Mad Men 4
Over the weekend I picked up the DVD of Mad Men 4, I can't wait to be transported back to 5th Avenue and see what happens next with Don and Betty, as well as the gorgeous outfits, hair and makeup!

Have a great week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment